by J. Neil Schulman
Saturday, February 3, 1996
Could supporters of the Bill of Rights ask for a better presidential candidate than TV star Queen Latifah, who was arrested on the Santa Monica I-10 freeway at 6:30 this morning?
Her Majesty was booking along this morning at 75, exercising her God-given Constitutional rights to drive fast, blow a joint, and keep a loaded .38 special revolver stuck in the map holder.
If this had been done by a white male, he'd be about as politically incorrect as you can get nowadays -- but miracle of miracles -- the perpetrator is black and female! And a TV star, to boot!
QUEEN LATIFAH FOR PRESIDENT!
- She's got name recognition!
- She can get the black vote!
- She can get the women's vote!
- She can get the Generation X vote!
- She can get the hippie vote!
- She can get the gun-rights vote!
- She can get the truckers vote!
- She's got my vote already!
I think we have a winner, folks!
*On June 23, 1996, Robert Downey, Jr. was also arrested, for speeding and driving under the influence, allegedly in possession of heroin, cocaine, and an unloaded gun in his car.